Deodorant: DIY with Essential Oils!
Life can get ya smelly! Some of us suffer more than others and, while unfortunate, it is part of life.
Over the past decade, I have experimented with a lot of natural deodorants and antiperspirants. I tend to sweat a lot. Doesn’t matter if I’m warm or cold, chances are, I’m sweating.
I was mortified by this fact through most of my life, but as I’ve grown, I just accept that this is part of my body. Some have it better, some have it worse. I have noted that diet does play a role in the level and scent: when I eat more sugar and ‘junk’, it becomes really offensive. I keep it toward whole foods and it lessens.
Like many, I have a solid distrust of the big box products marketed to me and am never sure that putting aluminum so close to my lymph nodes is a great idea. I like to take ‘regular’ deodorant holidays. When I do this, I use my Essential Oils Deodorant.
Essential Oils Deodorant
- 1 2 oz bottle with spray nozzle
- 1.5 oz witch hazel (antibacterial and antiseptic) read more on the benefits of witch hazel.
- 20 drops lavender EO (inhibits bacteria)
- 20 geranium EO (astringent and anti-inflammatory, hormone balancing)
- 20 drops sandalwood EO (antiseptic and anti-inflammatory)
- 10 drops rosemary EO (antimicrobial and antiseptic)
- 10 drops clary sage EO (antiseptic and deodorant)
- 10 drops elemi EO (antiseptic)
In the clean 2 oz bottle, add the witch hazel and the essential oils. Swirl to mix and let set for at least 1 day to make sure that all the ingredients disperse through the bottle. Gently swirl before each use to mix.
You will see that I have a number of different brands of the essential oils, but of all the brands I use, I really like doTerra, Young Living and Spark Naturals the best as they have clean scents and are good quality. They are pricey and that is why I have a lot of the less expensive versions.
I hope you enjoy this deodorant and always remember that a recipe is a starting point! You can research and find out the scents you like and that work for your body. Most of the ingredients have multiple purposes around the home and I will post more on that soon!